By Brian Harmon
The LW Republican Club’s planned speakers for the coming months include Congressional candidate Scott Baugh, State Senate candidate Assemblywoman Janet Nguyen, and Assembly candidate Diane Dixon.
Baugh’s credits include:
• California Assembly Republican Leader from 1999-- 2000.
• California Assemblyman, Representing Western Orange County from 1995-2000.
• Chairman, Orange County Republican Party from 2004-- 2015.
• Chairman, Orange County Gang Reduction Intervention Partnership.
• Board member, George T. Pfleger Foundation. This foundation helps fund environmental research and other projects from health matters to drug addiction.
• Founding Trustee of the Pacifica Christian High School of Orange County, serving the communities of Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa and Newport Beach.
• Founding Chairman of the OC Marathon Foundation. This organization has trained over 40,000 grade schoolers on nutrition and exercise.
• Founding Board Member, Angel Force, USA (suicide prevention for Veterans).
• Owner of Scott Baugh & Associates Business Law Firm.
He is married to Wendy Baugh and live in Huntington Beach with their son, Jackson.
Assembly candidate Diane Dixon is the immediate past president of the Association of California Cities-Orange County. She is a current member of the regional council of the Southern California Association of Governments and a board member of Orange County Council of Governments.
Dixon has been an active member on several philanthropic community- based boards of directors for nearly four decades, including United Way Orange County, YMCA, public television, USC Board of Councilors and Alumni Association, educational institutions, child service agencies, and health-related organizations.
Dixon spent 30 years as a senior executive at a Fortune 300 public company, where she was responsible for the company’s global communications, marketing and financial communications, and corporate philanthropy. She managed the intersection of business and government, forging connections among business, government, communities, and nonprofit organizations.
She earned her Bachelor of Arts with honors in political science from the University of Southern California.
She has been married for 46 years to Pat Dixon, a career prosecutor who currently serves as special counsel to the Orange County District Attorney. Diane and Pat’s daughter, Colleen, is a former prosecutor with the Manhattan District Attorney’s office. Colleen and her husband, Graves, are the parents of Diane and Pat’s three grandsons.
••• The Republican Club hospitality and information booth will be open every Monday in Aug. from 11 a.m.-2p.m. in the parking lot outside Clubhouse 6 near the gym. The club meets every third Wednesday at 7 p.m. in Clubhouse 3, Room 2.