GRF clarifies new guidelines
The State of California has extended the previous mask mandate, which became effective Dec. 15, 2021, to at least Feb. 15. Masks are required for the interior use of all trust property until further notice. This includes the Fitness Center, table tennis area, woodshop, the Library, shuffleboard court, all clubhouses, the Friends of the Library store and all GRF offices.
The California Department of Health has issued a statement saying, “Masks are required for all individuals in all indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status. . . Surgical masks or higher-level respirators (e.g., N95s, KN95s, KF94s) with good fit are recommended.”
GRF will enforce the mandate in venues where staff is present, however clubs and individuals reserving clubhouse space are responsible for their members’ and/or guests’ compliance. A club or private party may require stricter precautions, including:
• Wearing of medical-grade masks (supplied by the club).
• Disallowing food consumption. If a club chooses to allow food, it should be consumed in a separate, designated area and not at tables where other activities are being conducted (card or game playing, for example).
• Suspending guest attendance at meetings.
• Other reasonable restrictions not in conflict with GRF policies.
GRF reserves the right to cancel any reservation at any time of any club, organization or individual who refuses to comply with or enforce this ruling.
Exemptions to Mask Requirement Examples of individuals in LW who would be exempt from wearing masks at all times include:
• Persons with a medical condition, mental-health condition or disability that prevents wearing a mask. This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a mask could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove a mask without assistance.
• Persons who are hearing impaired or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
For further information, contact [email protected]
—Kathy Thayer, Assistant Recreation Manager