Amphitheater 2021 Schedule
Amphitheater 2021 Show and Movie Nights take place in the 2,500-seat Leisure World Amphitheater. Residents are invited to celebrate summer under the stars at these free events. The concerts start at 7:30 p.m., and the movies begin at 8:30 p.m. (Schedules and start times for both are subject to change.) Residents must have GRF ID cards for admission; nonresident guests must be accompanied by a resident shareholder. Smoking is prohibited at the Amphitheater.
Minibus transportation is available before and after events; call (562) 431-6586, ext. 379. Movies
• Aug. 6: “Minari.” A Korean American family moves to an Arkansas farm in search of its own American dream. Amidst the challenges of this new life in the strange and rugged Ozarks, they discover the undeniable resilience of family and what really makes a home. PG-13 | 1h 55min | Drama. Sponsor: Korean American Association
• Aug. 13: “Wonder Woman.” When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, Diana, an Amazonian warrior in training, leaves home to fight a war, discovering her full powers and true destiny. PG-13 | 2h 21min | Action, Adventure, Fantasy. Sponsors: MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center, Home Instead Senior Care Service
• Aug. 27: “Nomadland.” After losing everything in the Great Recession, a woman in her sixties embarks on a journey through the American West, living as a van-dwelling modernday nomad. R | 1h 47min | Drama. Sponsors: Cannon Legal Firm, Optum Care Network–Monarch/SCAN
• Sept. 3: “Coming to America 2.” African monarch Akeem learns he has a long-lost son in the United States and must return to America to meet and build a relationship with this unexpected heir. PG-13 | 1h 50min | Comedy. Sponsors: Sandra Teel, Medicare Insurance Broker; Optum Care Network–Monarch/SCAN
• TBD: “Knives Out.” A detective investigates the death of a patriarch of an eccentric, combative family. PG-13 | 2h 10min | Comedy, Crime, Drama.
• Aug. 19: Ronstadt Revival, a premier tribute to Linda Ronstadt. Sponsors: MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center, Optum Care Network–Monarch/United Healthcare
• Sept. 2: Petty Breakers, the nation’s No. 1 touring tribute to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Sponsors: Optum Care Network–Monarch/United Healthcare, Zeen—GoZeen.com