LW hosts Revisting the Roy Orbison Years today
Amphitheater 2021 Show and Movie Nights are held in the 2,500-seat Leisure World Amphitheater. Residents are invited to celebrate summer under the stars at these free events. The concerts start at 7:30 p.m., and the movies begin at 8:30 p.m. (Schedules and start times for both are subject to change.) Residents must have GRF ID cards for admission; nonresident guests must be accompanied by a resident shareholder. Smoking is prohibited at the Amphitheater.
Minibus transportation is available before and after events; call (562) 431-6586, ext. 379.
• July 29: Revisiting the Orbison Years, a stunning tribute to the music of Roy Orbison.
Sponsors: MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center, Independence at Home
• Aug. 19: Ronstadt Revival, a premier tribute to Linda Ronstadt.
Sponsors: MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center, Optum Care Network–Monarch/ United Healthcare
• Sept. 2: Petty Breakers, the nation’s No. 1 touring tribute to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Sponsors: Optum Care Network–Monarch/United Healthcare, Zeen—GoZeen.com Movies
• Aug. 6: “Minari.” A Korean American family moves to an Arkansas farm in search of its own American dream. Amidst the challenges of this new life in the strange and rugged Ozarks, they discover the undeniable resilience of family and what really makes a home. PG-13 | 1h 55min | Drama. Sponsor: Korean American Association
When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, Diana, an Amazonian warrior in training, leaves home to fight a war, discovering her full powers and true destiny. PG-13 | 2h 21min | Action, Adventure, Fantasy. Sponsors: MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center, Home Instead Senior Care Service
• Aug. 27: “Nomadland.”
After losing everything in the Great Recession, a woman in her sixties embarks on a journey through the American West, living as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad. R | 1h 47min | Drama. Sponsors: Cannon Legal Firm, Optum Care Network–Monarch/SCAN
• Sept. 3: “Coming to America 2.” African monarch Akeem learns he has a long-lost son in the United States and must return to America to meet and build a relationship with this unexpected heir. PG-13 | 1h 50min | Comedy. Sponsors: Sandra Teel, Medicare Insurance Broker; Optum Care Network– Monarch/SCAN
• TBD: “Knives Out.” A detective investigates the death
of a patriarch of an eccentric, combative family. PG-13 | 2h 10min | Comedy, Crime, Drama.
To ensure an enjoyable season, show-goers are asked to adhere to the following rules:
• There is no video- or audiotaping of performers.
• Do not save seats. Amphitheater seating is first-come, first-served.
• Do not sing along with performers unless asked to do so by the performer onstage.
• Residents must have LW IDs to enter Amphitheater. Non-resident guests must be accompanied by a resident.
• No one is allowed to sit or stand in the aisles.
• No smoking is permitted in the Amphitheater area.
• Flags on scooters should be lowered, so everyone can see the stage (see LW Security for assistance).
• Leave walkers in the aisle.
• Handicap seating is at street level, at the handrails in the middle of the Amphitheater.
• No pets are allowed.
• The audience is not permitted to enter the Amphitheater earlier than 1.5 hours before the program begins, as requested by performers, who will be doing sound checks.
• Dancing is allowed only on the two side-wing patios flanking the Amphitheater stage.
• No flash photography.
• Do not climb over seats.