March 2022 Security Report
The following is the security report for March 2022. It has been edited for clarity and length.
• March 4, 11:12 a.m., Mutual 3
An unknown person removed three hangers from the laundry room that belonged to a resident.
• March 5, 10:40 a.m., Clubhouse 2
The lock on an emergency storage cabinet was broken. At the time, it was unknown what items had been removed.
• March 5, 12:20 p.m., Mutual 7
An unknown person removed a resident’s wallet from an unlocked vehicle.
• March 11, 8:13 a.m., Mutual 1
An unknown person removed a folding cart from a patio.
• March 14, 2:32 p.m., Mutual 15
An unknown person removed a scooter from a carport area.
• March 14, 7:38 p.m., Mutual 15
An unknown person removed a motorcycle from a carport. SBPD arrived at the scene to help.
• March 14, 7:45 p.m., Mutual 2
An unknown person removed a bicycle from the carport area.
•March 18, 4 p.m., Mutual 7
A resident left a grocery cart near a bus bench, and when he returned, the cart was gone.
•March 20, 8 a.m., Mutual 1
An unknown person removed property from inside an unlocked vehicle.
• March 20, 2:09 p.m., Mutual 2
An unknown person removed a ladder from a carport .
• March 24, 10:57 a.m., Mutual 4
A person removed a resident’s flag and pole. The person escaped the scene on a bicycle.
•March 25, 8:34 p.m., Mutuals 3 and 4 A patrol officer observed a person in a golf cart with other items in the back. When the officer approached, the person fled the scene and escaped. The golf cart had just been stolen, along with a mountain bike.
• March 29, 12:09 p.m., Mutual 11
An unknown person removed a parked scooter from near a carport.
• March 31, 12:11 p.m., Mutual 12
An unknown person entered a unit and removed a resident’s handbag.
• March 16, 11:05 a.m., Mutual 11
A resident stated that someone slashed her tires when her car was parked in her carport. She was advised to call SBPD.
• March 19, 5:56 a.m., Mutual 11
A resident found damage on the two rear wheels of his tricycle.
• March 25, 1:18 p.m., Mutual 14
A resident reported her truck was vandalized with a black marker.
•March 25, 2:20 p.m., Amphitheater Parking Lot An HCC employee observed dents in her vehicle she believes were intentional.
TRAFFIC INCIDENTS: 6
•March 2, 12:55 p.m., Pelham
and St. Andrews Drive
Two vehicles negotiating turns in the intersection struck each other.
•March 4, 1:45 p.m., Mutual 2
A resident struck a lampost while exiting a carport.
•March 10, 1 p.m., North Gate
A vehicle struck yellow parking posts.
•March 21, 9:13 p.m., Golden Rain Road
A moving vehicle struck fencing. SBPD arrived to assist at the scene.
•March 24, 5:55 p.m., 13000 Block of Del Monte A moving vehicle sideswiped a parked vehicle.
•March 26, 2:32 p.m., 13000 Block Thunderbird Drive A moving vehicle struck a parked vehicle, which caused damage.
• March 1, 10:25 p.m., Mutual 14
A resident stated she heard noises on the roof. No noise was detected at the scene.
•March 2, 4:40 p.m., Mutual 9
Ongoing noise complaint regarding the volume of the TV. Resident turned the volume down.
• March 4, 11:32 p.m., Mutual 17
Loud TV noise coming from a unit was reported. No noise was detected at the scene.
•March 5, 4:18 a.m., Mutual 1
A resident was asked to reduce the volume on the TV after a noise complaint was called in.
• March 7, 5:15 a.m., Mutual 14
A resident heard noises near and above her unit. No one was found, and no noise was detected at the unit.
• March 10, 10:33 p.m., Mutual 17
A resident reported a loud TV. No noise was detected at the scene.
• March 21, 8:45 a.m., Mutual 15
A resident complained of noise from a neighbor’s unit. No noise was detected at the scene.
• March 26, 6:45 a.m., Mutual 17
A resident reported hammering in the neighboring unit. The neighbor was advised and stopped.
• March 28, 2:43 a.m., Mutual 10
A resident reported noise coming from the neighboring unit. No noise was detected at the unit.
•March 30, 6:02 and 6:55 p.m., Mutual 6 Ongoing noise complaints regarding neighboring unit.
LOST RESIDENTS: 4
• March 6, 4:30 p.m., Mutual 12
A resident was found by security and escorted home safely.
• March 21, 7:50 p.m., Mutual 6
A resident became lost during a walk and escorted safely home by Security.
• March 24, 4:05 p.m., Mutual 3
A confused resident was escorted home safely.
•March 8, 5:30 p.m., Mutual 2
A resident fell while crossing the street and was transported home.
• March 13, 12:04 p.m., Mutual 14
A resident fell off a chair, but did not sustain injuries or
• March 18, 8:01 a.m., Mutual 14
A resident fell over while in a scooter and was transported to the hospital.
• March 20, 3:38 p.m., Mutual 6
A resident became weak and laid down on the grass and was transported to the hospital.
• March 22, 2:15 p.m., Mutual 17
A resident became dizzy and fell, but did not require transportation to the hospital.
• March 25, 11:01 a.m., Mutual 6
A resident fell while walking but did not require transportation.
• March 26, 2:30 p.m., Main Gate
A resident entered the Security Office requesting medical attention. An ambulance transported the resident to the hospital.
• March 30, 1:50 p.m., Mutual 10
A resident became ill while working out in the gym and was taken to the hospital.
• March 31, 2:54 p.m., Mutual 14
A resident tripped on a shoelace and was taken to the hospital.
• March 31, 6:56 p.m., Mutual 12
A resident fell while picking up a dog, but did not require transportation.
•March 1, 9:30 a.m., Mutual 2
Ongoing complaint regarding smoking in the area.
• March 1, 2:40 p.m., Mutual 12
A resident was asking neighbors for food assistance. The resident’s family was notified.
•March 3, 10:45 a.m., Mutual 2
A resident complained of a bicyclist traveling too fast on the sidewalk.
• March 3, 8:10 p.m., Mutual 14
A resident complained of building materials left near her unit.
•March 5, 1 a.m., Mutual 6
SBPD called to investigate a family dispute. Police kept the peace, and no arrests were made.
• March 5, 10:10 a.m., Mutual 7
Security advised workers of a construction violation. Workers halted construction.
• March 6, 10:52 a.m., Mutual 14
SBPD was called to the scene of a family dispute. Police kept the peace; no arrests were made.
• March 10, 12:11 p.m., Mutual 14
Ongoing complaint regarding people in a crawl space. No people or noise was detected at the scene.
• March 10, 7:40 p.m., Golf Course
A resident reported a suspicious person. No one was found during the search.
• March 11, 8:14 p.m., Mutual 11
A resident stated someone had been following her. No one was found at the scene.
•March 12, 6 p.m., Mutual 14
Ongoing complaint of people in a crawl space. No one was found at the scene.
• March 13, 1:13 p.m., Mutual 5
Ongoing resident complaint of people inside his unit. No one was found at the unit.
• March 14, 4:54 p.m., Mutual 6
A resident and caregiver were involved in a dispute. SBPD was called to keep the peace, and the caregiver left the unit.
• March 18, 4:22 p.m., Mutual 1 A resident was involved in harassing behavior against another resident. SBPD was called to the scene and completed a report.
• March 19, 8:16 a.m., Mutual 2
Ongoing issue with complaints of people in the attic. No one was found in the unit.
• March 19, 12:08 p.m., Mutual 5
An ongoing neighbor dispute. Security kept the peace.
•March 20, 12:25 p.m., St. Andrews Gate
A man walked through the gate and refused to stop. Patrol officers made contact and escorted the person off the property.
• March 20, 11:45 p.m., Mutual 12
SBPD was called to the scene regarding a domestic dispute. One person was taken into custody
• March 21, 6:10 a.m., Mutual 12
Security kept the peace during a family dispute. One of the parties left the scene.
• March 22, 12:56 p.m., Mutual 5
Ongoing dispute regarding a variety of issues.
• March 22, 2:10 p.m., Mutual 1
An unknown person offered a package to a resident in return for her Social Security card number.
• March 22, 3:15 p.m., Mutual 7
Resident was involved with issues regarding wildlife. The CA Department of Fish and Game was advised of the issue.
• March 23, 6:40 p.m., Mutual 7
Residents were involved in a verbal altercation regarding wild animals.
• March 24, 12:45 p.m., North Gate
A trespasser who was on foot argued with a security officer, then ran into the community. SBPD was called to the scene. The person, whose mother lives in Leisure World, was caught and arrested for probation violation.
• March 24, 6:26 p.m., Mutual 12
A Mutual director advised an occupant of an occupancy violation. Security kept the peace.
• March 24, 4:18 p.m., Mutual 5
Ongoing neighbor dispute regarding a variety of issues.
•March 25, 2 p.m., Mutuals 15 and 16
Security received numerous calls regarding solicitors attempting to sell phone services to residents. Some solicitors were found and escorted out of the community
• March 28, 3:10 p.m., Mutual 7
Ongoing dispute between residents regarding wild animals.
• March 29, 10:16 a.m., Mutual 1
Residents confronted a person whom they believed was suspicious. The person was an authorized visitor of another resident. No issues were found with the person involved.
•March 30, 1:30 p.m., Golden Rain Road. and St. Andrews Drive Person found wandering, looking lost. Person had no authorization to enter, and having accessed the community through the drainage ditch.
• March 30, 7:52 p.m., Mutual 10
Ongoing resident dispute for a variety of issues.
• March 31, 1:23 p.m., Mutual 9
A resident was advised not to continue woodworking out of his vehicle. The resident complied with the request.
Paramedic calls: 160 (average: 5.2 per day) Theft: 14 Vandalism: 4 Traffic Incidents: 6 Death Investigations: 8 Lost Residents: 4 Injury: 9 Noise Complaints: 11 Fire Reports: 0 Pet Complaints: 0 Grand Total: 216