Security Alert—Bicycle Safety in LW
Along with motor vehicles and pedestrians, bicycles must also comply with the rules of the road. Some important rules and regulations to remember include:
• While riding a bicycle on a sidewalk, the rider must yield the right of way to all pedestrians and shall not, under any circumstances, travel at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the safety of all pedestrians on the sidewalk.
• Bicycles may not be ridden within the confines of LW clubhouses, and must be walked in internal corridors, under roof overhangs and in breezeways.
• Bicycles operated during darkness should be be equipped with all the lights and reflectors required by law,
• When operating a bicycle at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time, the rider shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway.
• Bicycles should take care overtaking and passing another bicycle or pedestrian.