First in-person classes since pandemic start next month
LW LEARNING CENTER
North Orange Continuing Education (NOCE) and Leisure World Seal Beach are excited to welcome back new and returning students to in-person classes this August.
In-person class registration will be held Tuesday, Aug. 3, at Clubhouse 2 from 9 a.m.-noon or until classes have filled.
All classes listed below are free, but residents may be asked to supply materials for art classes. The fall semester runs from mid-August through December. Mature Driver Improvement classes are one-day workshops.
• Senior Chorus, starts Aug. 16, Mondays, 10-11:50 a.m.
• Ceramics, starts Aug. 17, Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
• Ceramics, starts Aug. 19, Thursdays, 12:45-4:35 p.m.
• Painting, starts Aug. 17, Tuesdays, 1-2:50 p.m.
• Tone Chime Choir, Aug. 19, Thursdays, 10-11:50 a.m.
• Senior Topics—Personal Electronics, starts Aug. 20, Fridays, 10-11:50 a.m.
• Staying Mentally Sharp, starts Aug. 20, Fridays, noon-1:50 p.m.
• Mature Driver Improvment, Aug. 21, Saturday, 8 a.m.-4:20 p.m.
• Mature Driver Improvement, Nov. 20, Saturday, 8 a.m.-4:20 p.m.
To register for classes, residents will need to do one of two things, depending on their status:
• New students must pick up an application for admission at the LW Library and take the completed form to the in-person registration event Aug. 3.
• Returning students must bring their banner ID number with them to in-person registration on Aug. 3. People who are unsure of their banner ID numbers should visit the library so staff can verify identification and help retrieve banner ID numbers. Bring state issued IDs or a driver’s license for verification.
People who registered for or attended NOCE classes in Leisure World last year likely have banner ID numbers.
The LW Library is open Monday- Saturday from 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. For more information, call (562) 598-2431. Visit in person for all assistance with NOCE registration.