Amphitheater 2021 Movie Nights
Seven movies will be shown on the Amphitheater’s gigantic screen on Fridays, starting at 8:30 p.m. (start times and schedule are subject to change). Friends and family are welcome at this free weekly event.
The Minibus has on-call service to the open-air cinema beginning at 7:15 p.m.; call (562) 431-6586, ext. 379, and a bus will arrive within 10 minutes. A bus is also available to take shareholders home after the show.
• July 9: “Greenland.” A family struggles for survival in the face of a cataclysmic natural disaster. PG-13 | 1h 59min | Action, Thriller
• July 23: “Jumanji, The Next Level.” The gang is back, but the game has changed. As they return to rescue one of their own, the players will have to brave parts unknown—from arid deserts to snowy mountains—to escape the world’s most dangerous game. PG-13 | 2h 3min | Action, Adventure, Comedy Sponsors: MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center, Katella Senior Living Community and Alamitos West Health & Rehabilitation, CALMET Services
• Aug. 6: “Minari.” A Korean American family moves to an Arkansas farm in search of its own American dream. Amidst the challenges of this new life in the strange and rugged Ozarks, they discover the undeniable resilience of family and what really makes a home. PG-13 | 1h 55min | Drama Sponsor: Korean American Association
• Aug. 13: “Wonder Woman.”
When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, Diana, an Amazonian warrior in training, leaves home to fight a war, discovering her full powers and true destiny. PG-13 | 2h 21min | Action, Adventure, Fantasy Sponsors: MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center, Home Instead Senior Care Service
• Aug. 27: “Nomandland.”
After losing everything in the Great Recession, a woman in her sixties embarks on a journey through the American West, living as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad. R | 1h 47min | Drama Sponsors: Cannon Legal Firm, Optum Care Network–Monarch/ SCAN
• Sept. 3: “Coming to America 2.” African monarch Akeem learns he has a long-lost son in the United States and must return to America to meet and build a relationship with this unexpected heir. PG-13 | 1h 50min | Comedy Sponsors: Sandra Teel, Medicare Insurance Broker; Optum Care Network–Monarch/SCAN
• TBD: “Knives Out.” A detective investigates the death of a patriarch of an eccentric, combative family. PG-13 | 2h 10min | Comedy, Crime, Drama