Registration required for drive-up Fourth of July fireworks
JOINT FORCES TRAINING BASE
The 34th annual drive-up Fourth of July fireworks spectacular will be held Sunday, July 4, at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base, 112 Lexington Drive, Los Alamitos.
Honor the men and women of the military and celebrate the nation’s birthday at this free event hosted by the cities of Los Alamitos and Seal Beach. Gates will open at 4 p.m., with live music on the main stage, beginning with King Salmon Band followed by the 40th Infantry Division Band. Food vendors will be available.
One of the best and longest fireworks displays in Southern California will begin promptly at 9 p.m.
People can enter the base starting at 4 via Lexington Drive off Katella Avenue and from Orangewood Avenue off Los Alamitos Boulevard. No pedestrians, walk-ins or bicyclists will be allowed to enter the base.
Reservations are required for all vehicles and can be made at https:// losal4thofjulyfireworks. eventbrite.com. Only one ticket per vehicle is required.
Due to heightened security, provide plenty of time and stay patient when entering and exiting the base.
ID checks (over the age of 16) and a health screening are required for everyone in the vehicle. Have IDs out and accessible at entry.
Alcohol, fireworks, barbecues, RV motor homes/trailers and pets (except for service animals) are not allowed on the installation. Face coverings are required. Participants are requested to stay inside, next to or in front of their vehicles, only leaving to visit food vendors and/or restroom units, and immediately returning to their vehicles.
Timeline for the 34th Annual 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular:
• 4 p.m.—Gates are open and event begins
• 4:15 p.m.—King Salmon Band on the Main Stage
• 6:15 p.m.—40th Infantry Band on the Main Stage
• 7:45 p.m.—Dignitary speeches
• 8 p.m.—40th Infantry Band resumes
• 9 p.m.—Fireworks show begins
• 9:30 p.m.—Event concludes This event is free (reservations are required), thanks to the generosity of Premier Community Partner, Republic Services, and/or Rising Star Sponsors, Rossmoor Community Services District, Sea Air Federal Credit Union, Charles Abbott Associates, Inc.; Financial Partners Credit Union, The Shops at Rossmoor, OC Breeze and the Event-News Enterprise.
For additional information, contact the Los Alamitos Recreation and Community Services Department at (562) 430-1073 or visit www.cityoflosalamitos. org/recreation.